Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome

The Disneyology blog hopes to provide a detailed look at Walt Disney Imagineering, with news, history, academic analysis, undeveloped plans, concept art and blue sky ideas of my own.

My name is Cole Younger, and I have a deep interest in Imagineering and the Disney theme parks. This year will be the end of my graduate degree course, and as a componant of that I have been writing a 10,000 word dissertation on the original Disneyland theme park. In my research, I've taken an interest in far more areas of the subject than I can fit into my relatively small paper, and so I have decided to create this blog as a sounding board for the ideas and questions that crop up.

As well as this, I want to provide a space for Imagineering news, history, and overviews of never built Imagineering plans, an area I'm particularly curious about. I have a website devoted to this, the Neverland Files, which can be visited here.

My personal website, when complete, will be found here, and will eventually serve as a portfolio of essays and ideas I've worked on in recent years.

To finish the introduction to my blog, which I hope will become a valuable source of Imagineering and theme park commentary, I want to include some quotes by Walt Disney - ideas and guidance by the visionary that invented the industry:

"Disneyland is like Alice stepping through the looking glass; to step through the portals of Disneyland will be like entering another world."

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."

"Disneyland is a show."

"Disneyland is not just another amusement park. It's unique, and I want it kept that way."


And, of course, the classic;

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment